Be careful of what you put down on paper. Dang. Last year I was into this whole "Secret" thing. You know the book, dvd/oprah thing that swept the nation last year. Well I bought the CD last March/Aprilish and willed myself to have a baby. No, I demanded the universe to give me my baby. I had been infertile long enough and I was just ready to be a mom. Anyway, long story short I got pregnant and I had a baby. So I was at this lecture last week and he was one of the guys in the "Secret" so he had us write down what we wanted this year or in 3-5 years I really can't remember. I was playing along writing stuff down. Stuff I didn't even know if I even wanted. So I wrote down that I wanted to move to New York well the universe must have been listening to me again because the VERY next day my old boss calls me who is now the VP of this internet company asking me if I'd be open to moving to...California. Ok. It's not New York but they have an office in New York. Anyway I thought it was just bizarre and it really got me thinking. Could I move to California or New York or wherever? Could I? Anyway I wrote back "yeah sure I could" not really even thinking about it seriously but thinking I should throw it back to the universe and see what I get. The universe asked so I thought I should be polite. You never know. The universe has been so wonderful to me so far so I trust that it has my best interest in mind.
I have a few questions of the universe however:
1. Why is that even after an entire week of my baby spitting up on herself and many many blowouts in her diaper does she still smell so damn good.2. When will I stop feeling like I need to do the happy dance every time she looks at me and smiles.
3. How long before me and B will stop filling up an entire evening with gushing over our baby. I'll be like "remember when she did this" and he'll be all like "I know I know and then she did that". I'm starting to annoy my former infertile self. The part of me that wanted to believe that a baby wouldn't make us closer or happier. We are closer. I am happier all because of her.
4. How does she go from being vertical in her bassinette to completely horizontal by morning. And more importantly why?
5. Why is she always eating her hand. Does it taste good? She'll never fit the whole thing in her mouth so why keep trying. But her hand in her mouth sure does make her happy so I don't discourage it too much. Although it is making her hands get sort of chapped.
6. She can't laugh yet but at night on the baby monitor I can hear her laughing. Oh how I love that! What is making her laugh? It is the most adorably sweet little sound ever.
Ok. One more photo and that's it for awhile.
Tomorrow I'm going to infant story time with my friend Sarah. I can't wait..