Today I celebrated my first mother's day with my beautiful baby girl Lily. She spent most of the day in my arms including a 2 hour nap that she took while I watched the last three episodes of Desperate Housewives on the DVR. During that two hours I just kept looking at her in amazement that she is here and reflecting on the the last year of my life and where I was last year mother's day. Being a mother is more than I thought it would be....more of everything. More fun. More love more happiness and more excitement for every day to begin. She has a thousand smiles and I adore each and every one. There's the gummy wide open mouth smile. The closed lip skinny lip smile. The elvis snarl half-smile. She's such a happy baby. We can take her anywhere. She'll either sleep or look around the room at everything. She so happy when she's out in public. I definitely think my little Lily is a people person. Today she gave me a very special gift for Mother's Day...she slept through the night until 6:30 this morning. I awoke to my husband making breakfast and presents and cards from both my husband and Lily. My husband and Lily bought me a juicy couture necklace, which I love. I received so many sweet mother's day cards from my friends and family. I'm so surprised at how everyone remembered me on this day. Then we went to brunch at the Bonfire with my mom and my brother. She wore the sweetest little dress that her Bobbi bought for her from Neiman Marcus. She looked like a little princess.
- she started turning over at few weeks ago at around 4 months old and now at almost 5 months old she's mastered it.
- she reaches for everything now. she can pick things ups (not for long) and ultimately her goal is to try and put them in her mouth.
- she's started to pull herself up. she can't sit up by herself yet sure tries and gets very excited when she can sit by herself for a split second before she falls over and I catch her.
- one of our favorite morning pasttimes is after she wakes up I bring her in bed with me and I get my coffee and I turn on the Today Show and she lays by me and plays with her sweet little feet and I pick her up and we cuddle and play. We sometimes lay there like that all morning long until we get up and start our day.
- her little leggies are getting so strong. She can stand while I'm holding her and her legs are just solid. I definitely think she's going to be an early walker.
- she's such a good baby. such a happy baby and I'm so proud to be her mom. I love every single day that I get to spend with my angel.
- she's looking more and more like her father. He's great at making her laugh.
- we're thinking of moving her into her own room within the next week or so. B is such a softie that he's going to sleep in there with her for the first week until she gets use to it. I almost have her room finished but I need to order a bookshelf and then it will be complete. For some bizarre reason I can't mentally move her in there until the room is completely finished. Every photo hung, every nick nack in place. I know I'm being completely anal but I just want her to be happy in her room and I need everything to be perfect (or as perfect as I can make it).
In other unrelated baby news. I NEED A JOB AND A NEW HOUSE. Those are the top two things on my agenda. As far as the possible New York move, I ended up e-mailing my former boss and telling her that now isn't the right time for me to relocated my family but I'd love to consider any position that would allow me to stay her in Minnesota. She's was going to think through things and talk to me sometimes this week so we'll see what happens. We went to look at a house this weekend which I really liked but my husband wasn't so sure about. We may go look at it again this week. I just want to be in my new house this summer so that we can enjoy our backyard and have our friends over for BBQ's and cocktails and enjoy what little summer we get to have in Minnesota. This house we looked at even had a hot tub.
I am so happy to be a mom today and so so very grateful.